BUSHCRAFT TRIP – BELOW FREEZING, CANVAS TENT, SAMI FIRE, REINDEER SKIN, FINNISH AXE etc.
It"s below freezing and I am enjoying an overnight in a pine forest next to the sea in Denmark. I turn a branch into rope and make a adjustable pot hanger, enjoy some meat and the comfy of reindeer skin and a new canvas tent and jacket. I make two types of "all night fires" a Sami nying and a upside-down-fire.
This is the short version of this video - here is the long version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc_5V_XKRZA
Location: Denmark - previous viking country. West coast of Jutland - sand, big sea, spruce and pine forrest. Some of the most remote in Denmark, but a lot of people in Denmark so limited how remote it can get. A lot of birds and deer. No bears only a few wolves - nothing dangerous for campers. If you want to do the same in Denmark do you need to be the owner or get the owners permission.
Consuming: Water, spruce tea, chaga tea. Cow.
Some of the gear used in the video:
1. Sweater = unknown.
2. Pot and kettle = made by "eagle" 1.5 and 10 liters.
3. Pants = made by "Klattermusen"
4. Collared axe = unknown, Finnish axe model 61.1.
5. Carving tools = mora 106, Pfeil 8L 25mm and 7A 25mm
6. Boots = made by "Redback" original boots
7. Tent = made by "Tschum" 1P
8. Backpack = made by "Fjallraven" Kajka 65L
9. Sharpening stone = made by "Gransfors Bruks"
10. Jacket = Lundhags Sprek
Video gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 50 1.8, Røde videomacro, iMovie.